I haven’t blogged for a couple of days. It’s not that I’ve been a slacker (really, I haven’t!), it’s that I have been doing that furniture rearranging that I’ve needed to do. The new freezer is in place and – yay! – my new dishwasher got installed today. Happy, happy, happy. 🙂
I am not a huge fan red sauce but I love pasta, so here’s one of my favorites: chicken spaghetti.
- 8 oz. spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 of a 4 oz. can of mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk, 2 tablespoons butter and seasonings. Add the cheeses, celery, onion and mushrooms. Stir in chicken and spaghetti.
Transfer to a greased square 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Combine cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over top of casserole.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly.