- 4 medium unpeeled or peeled cooking apples, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or regular oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (I usually use pecans…and probably more than 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened (I always used salted butter)
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spread the apple slices in an ungreased 8-inch square pan. Mix remaining ingredients with a fork (or your hands, like me); sprinkle over apples. Baked uncovered until the topping is golden brown and apples are tender, about 30 minutes. Makes 6 servings.