Here’s the recipe for one of my favorite chicken casseroles! The buttery bread crumbs on top make it divine!
(from A Taste of Heaven cookbook from Putman Baptist Church in Buffalo, SC)
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. bag medium egg noodles
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup *
- 1 can cream of chicken soup *
- 8 oz. sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 6 slices bread, crumbled or torn into small chunks
Boil chicken until done and remove from stock/broth. Cook noodles in chicken broth according to package directions. (I strain the broth first.) Drain. Mix chicken, noodles, soups, sour cream, salt and pepper. Pour into 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Stir bread crumbs into melted butter and spread over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until bread crumbs are brown and crunchy.
* I’m having this for dinner tomorrow night. It will be the first time I try it making my own “cream of” soups. I’ll let you know how it turns out and post a picture. 🙂