Here’s the plan for meal #4: Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Ingredients: 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, can of cream of chicken soup, 8 oz. sour cream, 1 tablespoon poppy seeds, 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, 1 stick butter
In the morning:
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and cover with water. Add pinch or two of salt.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
When you get home or ready to prepare meal:
1. Remove chicken and allow to cool slightly, otherwise you’ll burn your fingers. (True story.)
2. Chop or dice chicken into small pieces. Mix with soup, sour cream and poppy seeds.
3. Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour chicken mixture into dish and spread evenly.
4. In a medium size bowl, melt stick of butter. Crush crackers and stir into butter, mixing well. Spread over top of chicken.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
6. Prepare your veggie of choice or whip up a salad.
This dish is simple but delicious. Very popular at my house.