And Happy September! September! What? How did that happen? I’m not even going to tell you how many days it is until Christmas. (I don’t actually know, but there a lot fewer than there ought to be!)
I use my slow cooker on Mondays because it’s a work day for me. And even though I’m not working today, we are going to my parents’ for a cookout at lunch so I’m slow cooking anyway so I don’t have to do a lot when I get home this afternoon. This recipe is one I discovered a few months ago and it is so yummy! For those of you who are interested in eating whole foods, I found 3 ingredient whole wheat pitas at Fresh Market – and they are delicious.
Anyway, here’s what’s cooking today.
Crock Pot Greek Chicken Pitas
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 pound boneless, chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pita Bread
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chopped tomato
- Lay chicken in the bottom of a greased crock.
- Place onions on top and sprinkle garlic over everything.
- Mix spices together and sprinkle over top.
- Place lid on and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- When chicken is done, remove it from the crock and shred it with two forks.
- While chicken is out of the crock, stir in sour cream. Add chicken back to crock and stir well.
- Ladle chicken onto warm pita bread, using it as a taco. Sprinkle with tomato. Fold over and serve.
I also put fresh spinach on mine. Yummy!
I’m off to walk with my sweetie, so I’ll post the risotto recipe that we’re having as a side when I get back.
Y’all have a safe and happy holiday! If you have to work, I’m sorry. 😦