Chicken Parmesan Spinach Pasta Bake
- 1 lb. Gemelli pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut up into 1-inch bite-sized pieces
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 ounce bag fresh spinach chopped
- 2 24 ounce bottles Barilla® Sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare a 9 X 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
Boil pasta for 2 minutes less than what is directed on package. Drain and set aside.
In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and mix well.
Working in batches, coat the chicken pieces in egg and then coat completely in the bread/cheese mixture.
Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place half the chicken pieces into the skillet and cook about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Remove and place on a plate covered with a paper towel. Continue process with remaining chicken, adding remaining olive oil to the skillet.
In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, chopped spinach and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
Add both jars of Barilla® sauce. Mix well.
Add chicken pieces and mix to coat.
Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle with remaining cup of shredded mozzarella.
Bake for 30 minutes.