Loaded baked potato soup 🙂
- 12 slices bacon (I use real bacon bits instead if I done feel like frying bacon)
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large baked potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside. Serve as topping along with additional shredded cheese.
In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Mix in cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.