Here’s the recipe for an easy beef stroganoff straight out of the Elko Baptist Church cookbook, Elko, SC. 🙂 I serve it over rice instead of noodles because that’s hubby’s preference. Add a salad or veggie or two on the side and you’re good to go.
- 1 pound ground beef (the less fat the better)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or make your own)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 onion, diced
- egg noodles or rice, cooked according to package directions
Brown meat with onion; drain well. Sprinkle flour over meat and stir. Add remaining ingredients (except noodles or rice); simmer gently until warmed through. Serve over rice or noodles.