So, happy Saturday!
I did not have a super productive week around the house. In fact, I may have just enjoyed being lazy a bit TOO much. 🙂 I read four (yes, four) books, lazed in the hammock, and just generally got some rest. It was awesome. And it really is hard to do too much when your husband is on nights and sleeping during the day. It seems that the quieter I try to be, the louder I am. And much more likely to drop stuff.
So today I’m staying close to home and this is what’s going on right now:
1. I have a leftover rotisserie chicken simmering with some onions, carrots, and seasonings to make some yummy homemade chicken stock.
2. I have a pan of granola baking in the oven for yogurt parfaits and breakfast cereal.
3. I have ground beef thawing to my hubby chow mien casserole for dinner before he heads to work tonight. (Recipe to follow in notes. It’s something my mom made when we were growing up and he asked for it, so…)
4. I’m about to make him some no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies to share at work tonight. They’re his favorite and I don’t make them often because while all the ingredients are whole foods, he really doesn’t need to eat them all. 🙂 But, man, are they good cold!
5. I’m menu planning for the month of June. I will at least finish with the first week. I’m also trying to write blog posts for the coming week. (I can be pretty quiet when I’m sitting here on the computer. I probably won’t wake the sleeping one.)
And I may or may not be drinking coffee as I’m doing these things. 😉 Y’all know I love my coffee. And wishing I was at the beach…
Have a great weekend!