Here’s the recipe for last night’s chili. Yum! Will be even better tonight as leftovers…in my opinion. 🙂
- 1 1⁄2 pounds ground beef browned and drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans red kidney beans undrained (use hot chili beans if you like it spicy; I do not)
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped (I omit because hubby doesn’t like green peppers)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you want some kick; I do not)
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
In slow cooker or large stockpot, mix together all ingredients. Cover and cook on low in slow cooker 5-6 hours. In stockpot, cover and simmer for about 1 hour, stirring frequently.
Serve topped with shredded cheese and sour cream, if desired.