Hi, all! Happy Monday! (Is there such a thing? I’m not sure.) I hope you all are well-rested and ready for a new week. And I hope that you’ll find this week less busy and less chaotic than the ones you were having before you started simplifying your life. 🙂
This week’s special challenge room is the master bedroom. If yours is clean and organized, then you might consider another challenge from the list. Alas, mine is not. This is the one room that gets neglected in my house. I think that’s because no one sees it but me and my husband. I can easily close the door if someone comes over so it’s not in sight. It’s the room that gets vacuumed and dusted less often than it should; the room with pictures to be hung that are still sitting on the floor. Oh, the bed is made and it’s relatively straight, but it’s not quite where I’d like it to be. So I will be working on this project right alongside you this week.
So I took a “tour” of my master bedroom. That took about two minutes, maybe less. I made a list of what needs to be done and this is what I came up with. Your list might be shorter or longer. (I am embarrassed about the dust bunnies that have been multiplying so rapidly underneath my bed!) Anyway. Here’s my list.
1. Reorganize closet. (I’ll let Eric tend to his own closet. I’ll work on mine.) Get rid of clothes that I don’t/won’t/can’t/shouldn’t wear. I’m pretty sure my daughter will go through my clothes and take care of that. It’s possible that the closet will then be empty. One lone sweater left hanging there on the rack. A single pair of shoes in the floor. I’d get excited about getting all new clothes, but I really hate to shop. Sigh.
2. Hang pictures above bed. I don’t know how long I’ve had them. Just sitting there gathering dust. Wishing they were at least hanging on the wall to gather dust. Gonna make that happen this week.
3. Clear/clean/dust bedside tables and lamps. I really want new lampshades. Maybe I’ll make that happen this week.
4. Clear/clean/dust wardrobe and husband’s dresser.
5. Run curtains through dryer to remove dust. (I hate my curtains. Truly. But they are room darkening ones so that hubby can sleep during the day when he is working the night shifts. So I’ll clean them, but I still won’t like them. U.G.L.Y.) Evict dust bunny families from under the bed and behind the furniture. (Sorry, bunnies, you gotta go. You’re just not cute like the real thing. If there were real bunnies under my bed, I think I’d have a different sort of problem.) Vacuum (or dust) the blinds and ceiling fan. Mop.
When all this is done, I might reward myself with a pretty clothes hamper and a new houseplant for my room. It’s the only room without a plant. I think it needs one. I love plants. They make me happy.
Since my husband is on nights for part of the week and days the other, I’ll have to work in my 15-minute spurts when he isn’t sleeping. I’m sure he’ll appreciate that. Nothing like sleeping and having someone vacuuming under your bed.
I’ll be brave and take pictures before…and I hope you’ll do that same. Then we’ll celebrate our successes on Friday. I’m afraid all this cleaning out is making me want to rearrange furniture and paint. Or hire someone to paint. Don’t tell my husband. He says I paint the walls every other week. It is NOT true. Not. True. It’s a few months between painting at least.
Your bedroom is supposed to be your sanctuary. Try to make it look and feel like one. If I could evict the television from my bedroom, I would. But that is where my hubby goes to watch TV before bed. Were you aware that you can watch TV with your eyes closed while snoring? It’s true. At least he says he’s watching TV when I go in and turn it off. 🙂
Have a super week! I look forward to seeing the pictures on Friday!